100% of all net proceeds from Pink Boat Regatta's efforts and events are donated to
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
We choose to support BCRF because:
- BCRF's mission is to prevent and cure breast cancer by advancing the world's most promising research.
- In 2017-2018, BCRF will award $59.5 million in annual grants to more than 275 scientists from top universities and medical institutions around the globe, including 5 prominent grantees right here in our own PNW community.
- BCRF donating 91 cents of every dollar to breast cancer research and awareness and is the highest rated breast cancer organization in the US, earning a(n):
- A+ rating from Charity Watch
- 4 out of 4 stars from Charity Navigator
- GuideStar USA's Gold Seal of Transparency, making the top 0.5% of over 1.8 million IRS-recognized non-profit organizations
- BCRF funds researchers across six continents, all working to dramatically improve diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of breast cancer for men and women everywhere.
- BCRF provides critical funding for breast cancer research worldwide to fuel advances in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, metastasis and survivorship.
“Advances in cancer research are not made in ‘aha’ moments. They come from years of laboratory scientists, doctors, graduate students and support staff working painstakingly long hours in front of a lab bench, or an instrument, or an Excel spreadsheet that never seems to end. And scientific equipment is no different than boating equipment – expensive as hell. Even the most important and groundbreaking research has to stop when funding runs out.” - Ashley Bell, Pink Boat Regatta President
We are PROUD of this community for coming together again and again with unmatched spirit, dedication, and enthusiasm.
PLEASE JOIN US IN THIS IMPORTANT MISSION.